The project that was performed in partnership with Less4Spares was due their requirements that after trying several off the shelf stock control systems, none were suitable. They needed something that was very easy to use for both new and experienced staff, and was very quick to use.
Some of the features they wanted were:
- The ability to easily view stock quantities in their warehouse
- Automatic ordering of stock when stock levels reach a threshold
- Automatic creation of Purchase Orders that are manually editable
- Tracking of goods through customs with creation of documentation
- Shelf edge labelling for easy manual counts
- Reporting of stock sold (and items that are not selling)
Our approach is always Agile, and always on getting the client using a basic version as quickly as possible. We were able to provide a very good solution that paid for itself very quickly, allowing the business to operate much more efficiently.
Of course, as with any project additional requirements are added along the way, such as adding extra functionality to the scanners, but with a good architecture and processes, then this is possible. It’s just important to always be focusing on the most important issue and continuously providing the client with regular deployments so that they can always see progress.